Your impressions so far

Chat here about anything related to Dragon Raja.
LadyPhoenix

Re: Your impressions so far

Postby LadyPhoenix » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:31 am

Most people knew that Eleval was a GM in the first place. It has been posted by numerous players on the old DR-Int forum before the posts were deleted. It was pretty obvious that ZT has GM(s) in their guild. It was just never officially said by a GM him/herself and was only speculations until now. The only difference now is that it's official that ZT has GM(s) as their members and players will watch ZT more carefully. Not a bad thing I suppose. Better than rumors all day long.

The problem is that not all players like ZT's philosophies about the game. Due to the fact that a GM is a part of ZT, players will assume that ZT's opinion and philosophies are those of the GM and/or GM Team. This may cause players to quit or mistrust the GM Team. ZT isn't exactly a carebear guild and beloved by all. That friction will only carry out onto the GM Team since none of the other GMs have revealed their stances on issues nor their guilds in the game if they even play.

Silencer

Postby Silencer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:41 am

Gaz wrote:The other Gm's dont play except Tempest and i dunno who that is, GMSp is a good guy and ZT has always had accusations about us, cus ppl dont like it that we happen to be pretty strong and a good solid guild, always gonna happen, this server wont corrupt at least from GMSp, let me ask you, if the GM was in UGX or Crimson Knights , would you all be flaming still?

And that's exactly what I mean. You pretty much know inside out who's playing and who's not. Why is it that you know this information and other players don't? GMSP is a good guy I'm sure, just like I think guties is a good guy and he knows how to hack. And ZT will have ADDITIONAL accusations and pretty serious ones at that now that eleval officially acknowledged he's in ZT. Your perception that this server won't be corrupt is your perception. It's great you think this server won't be corrupt. I just wish people outside ZT thinks like you. Matter of fact is, you're not the only person in the world and ZT isn't the only guild in the server. We already know as a ZT member, you don't think the server will go corrupt because a GM is in your guild. That's pretty obvious from the beginning. What matters is the perception of other guilds and other players. And have you seen me flaming on this issue? Stop lumping me with idiots like grofire. And yes, I will still be typing this even if a GM was in UGx or Crimson Knights. I would raise this even if a GM was in my very own guild. I like to think I'm rational and logical.

LadyPhoenix wrote:Most people knew that Eleval was a GM in the first place. It has been posted by numerous players on the old DR-Int forum before the posts were deleted. It was pretty obvious that ZT has GM(s) in their guild. It was just never officially said by a GM him/herself and was only speculations until now. The only difference now is that it's official that ZT has GM(s) as their members and players will watch ZT more carefully. Not a bad thing I suppose. Better than rumors all day long.

The problem is that not all players like ZT's philosophies about the game. Due to the fact that a GM is a part of ZT, players will assume that ZT's opinion and philosophies are those of the GM and/or GM Team. This may cause players to quit or mistrust the GM Team. ZT isn't exactly a carebear guild and beloved by all. That friction will only carry out onto the GM Team since none of the other GMs have revealed their stances on issues nor their guilds in the game if they even play.

The fact that eleval made it explicit is much worse damage than the speculations that were going on. And I didn't see any posts about eleval being a GM and I'm sure countless others didn't know either. And my criticisms of him goes back even when people speculated about him. From the very beginning he should've been careful about identifying himself as a GM. Smoke doesn't exist without fire. And yes, you raised a good point about ZT's position in the game and their relations with the GM team. People WILL make accusations on ZT. If there's one thing that is absolutely true, ZT will not hear the end of this until they disband or the server dies off. Whether or not it is true I don't know and quite frankly, I don't think people care. Like I said, what people perceive as the truth is the truth to them. There is no absolute truth to the majority of the people. They will believe what they believe and act on that belief. While they may be falsehoods, those falsehoods will have a stronger effect than truths.

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:51 am

This just goes back to the debate of
1. should GMs be allowed to play?
2. should GMs be allowed to join guilds?
3. should GMs make public who their in game chars are?

Honestly, it's nothing new. Every server brings this up. This server has debated about this in the past already. Subject should just be dropped... in the end it's up to the GMs what they want to do with their private lives. Even if there's a big uproar, players will need to choose between playing here or quitting dr (lack of other low-rate DR servers).

Silencer

Postby Silencer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:54 am

LadyPhoenix wrote:This just goes back to the debate of
1. should GMs be allowed to play?
2. should GMs be allowed to join guilds?
3. should GMs make public who their in game chars are?

Honestly, it's nothing new. Every server brings this up. This server has debated about this in the past already. Subject should just be dropped... in the end it's up to the GMs what they want to do with their private lives. Even if there's a big uproar, players will need to choose between playing here or quitting dr (lack of other low-rate DR servers).

It's simple.

1. yes
2. yes
3. no

How hard is it to keep your mouth shut on who your character is in game? How hard is it to keep your mouth shut that you're a GM? You can still play the game without telling people who you are. You can still join a guild without telling people who you are. As I've been telling you endlessly, I have no trouble with GMs playing the game they are maintaining and joining a guild. Again, stop mischaracterizing my posts.

LadyPhoenix

Postby LadyPhoenix » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:00 pm

Silencer wrote:How hard is it to keep your mouth shut on who your character is in game? How hard is it to keep your mouth shut that you're a GM? You can still play the game without telling people who you are. You can still join a guild without telling people who you are. As I've been telling you endlessly, I have no trouble with GMs playing the game they are maintaining and joining a guild. Again, stop mischaracterizing my posts.

Players will analyze a GM's speech patterns, their active time zones, their capitalization, punctuation. Players will analyze every little thing they do or say to figure it out because players are curious and want to know if GMs are corrupt. For example, Mod01 on the Dr-Int forums. Players were able to find out who it was in game just by the way she capitalized certain pronouns in her sentences.

EDIT: on a size note, ZT isn't the only one with access to private communications with a GM. If you look on the Dragon Raja facebook groups, GMSP's contact info is listed. Technically, anyone is able to contact GMSP.

Silencer

Postby Silencer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:08 pm

LadyPhoenix wrote:
Silencer wrote:How hard is it to keep your mouth shut on who your character is in game? How hard is it to keep your mouth shut that you're a GM? You can still play the game without telling people who you are. You can still join a guild without telling people who you are. As I've been telling you endlessly, I have no trouble with GMs playing the game they are maintaining and joining a guild. Again, stop mischaracterizing my posts.

Players will analyze a GM's speech patterns, their active time zones, their capitalization, punctuation. Players will analyze every little thing they do or say to figure it out because players are curious and want to know if GMs are corrupt. For example, Mod01 on the Dr-Int forums. Players were able to find out who it was in game just by the way she capitalized certain pronouns in her sentences.

It isn't hard to type like an essay. Can you tell who I am in game just by my typing in forums? I can guarantee you not. I type like I'm typing an essay (a shitty draft) on forums and I type regularly in game. It's not hard to change small things here and there. And looking how people type to match them up is a very unreliable method and usually not trustworthy. And best of all, it's much better than GMs engaging in flame wars on their personal account and telling people who they are. Every approach has its weaknesses but your counter argument only strengthens my argument in the sense that your counter argument is very unreliable and hardly a negative side effect compared to GMs playing the game while advertising who they are or GMs not playing the game they love and enjoy.

It's really a simple concept. Play the game you enjoy. Join the guild you want. Just don't let the players know who you are. Why is this so hard to do? Not that this discussion matters anyway, GMSP already spilled the milk. I'm just hoping the other GMs don't make the same callous mistake he made.

edit: in response to your edit, anyone can make personal contact with them, but not everyone is their friend. There's a huge difference between mere contact and having a friendship or guild relationship. The comparison is laughable at best, pathetic at worst.

GMSignPainter
Site Admin

Postby GMSignPainter » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:17 pm

Anyways, topic locked before flame war starts again.

Return to “General Chat”